The Poor Clare Monastery is situated in the village of Much Birch, south of the city of Hereford, on the border between England and Wales. It is a purpose-built modern building with all the facilities necessary to support our chosen life of work and prayer. Our chapel opens regularly to the public for Mass and other services
We moved to our present home in 1994, having been located in Bullingham, east of Hereford since 1880. The building is built on ecological principles, with solar energy providing electricity and hot water, and an extensive system of rainwater collection helps reduce water use in the gardens.
The grounds provide us with a variety of places for quiet contemplation and the kitchen garden supplies fresh vegetables in season.